If you’re anything like me, this is a sad time of year. March Madness is right around the corner, and Spring Training is about to start, but aren’t we all missing our Sunday football fix? I’m sure you are finding a ton of free time these days right? Well I have a great suggestion for what to do with that time. What if I told you that it would pay to do what I am recommending?
Are you interested? Good. Let’s put all that time to good use and start couponing! Before you even start about how real men don’t use coupons, let me tell you we do! Yes, men use coupons! Forget 50 Shades of Grey. You want to turn on your wife or girlfriend? Use my tips and ideas, then show her your receipt with big savings. You can thank me later…
Here’s a few simple steps to get started.
- Download a few apps to your smart phone. More coupons are going digital every day. I personally love the Couwalla app, it shows you great savings on deals around you. Plus you never seem to leave home without your smart phone, so you will always have savings at the touch of a button.
- Use the Sunday paper in a new way. I’m sure you typically read the Sunday sports section right? Well this Sunday after reading the sports section, grab the coupon inserts. If you don’t know where to find them, just look for the comics and they are tucked in with all the weekly sales flyers.
- Go online and check out the sales flyer for your local Supermarket. What? You don’t know where your wife/girlfriend shops? I really hope this isn’t the case because we would have much more work to do! If you’re not sure, check out your kitchen pantry and look for the reusable bags or those plastic shopping bags. Stores love to let everyone know you shopped at their store by printing their names on those bags. Once you know the store you want to shop at, go online and download their weekly sales flyer
- Put together your week shopping list/meal plan. This is based on what’s on sale in the flyer. If chicken is on sale at a good price, plan a meal or two around chicken. Keep in mind your typical eating habits. Don’t load up on candy, soda, and cakes just because they are on sale. If you don’t have those types of foods in your home regularly, this will be a sure sign of an amateur shopper.
- Look for coupons in the Couwalla app and the Sunday inserts to “Double down” on your savings. What does it mean to “double down”? When an item is on sale, say 50% off, and you can find another coupon on that same item, you can apply the second coupon to increase your savings. This is how the coupon pros do it. You can take a 50% and turn it into 75%, 80%, or 90% in savings on sale items!
By following these simple steps, you will begin to save a ton of money! And the bonus, your wife/girlfriend will discover a new thing about you that drives her crazy (in a good way).