Couwalla Privacy Statement
Last Updated: January 10, 2018
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual or an Affiliate. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Couwalla.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of coupons you might like. This includes lifestyle, preference, and interest information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; the types of coupons that interest you; information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); and demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Sites, such as the coupons you view and redeem and the stores you prefer; other information about how you use our Sites, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Couwalla‘s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information to help us offer you coupons for merchants nearby, if you have activated one of our mobile Sites and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use the information we receive about you in connection with the services and features we provide to you and other users like your friends, our partners, the advertisers that purchase ads on the site, and the developers that build the games, applications, and websites you use. For example, in addition to helping people see and find things that you do and share, we may use the information we receive about you:
- as part of our efforts to keep Couwalla products, services and integrations safe and secure;
• to protect Couwalla’s or others’ rights or property;
• to provide you with location features and services, like telling you and your friends when something is going on nearby;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of ads you and others see, including to deliver relevant ads to you;
• to make suggestions to you and other users on Couwalla, such as: suggesting that your friend use our contact importer because you found friends using it, suggesting that another user add you as a friend because the user imported the same email address as you did, or suggesting that your friend tag you in a picture they have uploaded with you in it; and
• for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research and service improvement.
Granting us permission to use your information not only allows us to provide Couwalla as it exists today, but it also allows us to provide you with innovative features and services we develop in the future that use the information we receive about you in new ways. Your trust is important to us, which is why we don’t share information we receive about you with others unless we have:
- received your permission;
• given you notice, such as by telling you about it in this policy; or
• removed your name and any other personally identifying information from it.
Of course, for information others share about you, they control how it is shared.
We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Typically, information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted. For certain categories of data, we may also tell you about specific data retention practices.
INFORMATION SHARED WITH THIRD PARTIES
We will not share any PII that we have collected from you except as described below. We may engage third party service providers to work with us to administer and provide the Services. These third-party services providers have access to your PII only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf and are expressly obligated not to disclose or use your PII for any other purpose.
We may share aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes. Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. Information that we collect from our users, including PII, is considered to be a business asset. As a result, if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy or if we are acquired as a result of a transaction such as a merger, acquisition or asset sale, your PII may be disclosed or transferred to the third-party acquirer in connection with the transaction.
We think you benefit from a more personalized experience when we know more about you and the kinds of coupons you like. However, you can limit the information you provide to us.
You can manage your email preferences by adjusting such preferences within your Couwalla settings and within the device and/or browser settings you are using. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp
If you access any of our Sites through a mobile device or mobile browser, you may manage how your Location Information is shared with Couwalla through the device itself. You may also manage how your mobile device or mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your mobile device and mobile browser settings.
Connecting through Social Networks
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Couwalla has implemented an information security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard Personal Information.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OUTSIDE THE USA
Couwalla is headquartered in the United States of America. Personal Information may be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, business partners, merchants, or service providers elsewhere in the world. By providing us with Personal Information, you consent to this transfer. We will protect the privacy and security of Personal Information according to our Privacy Statement, regardless of where it is processed or stored.
PRIVACY PRACTICES OF THIRD PARTIES
This Privacy Statement only addresses the use and disclosure of information by Couwalla through your interaction with the Sites. Other websites that may be accessible through links from our Sites may have their own privacy statements and personal information collection, use, and disclosure practices. Our merchants and business partners may have their own privacy statements, too. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by these other parties prior to providing them with information or taking advantage of an offer or promotion.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Sites. Your continued use of the App following the posting of such changes will constitute your assent to all such changes. Please periodically visit this section to review the current version of this Statement.
Couwalla does not intend that any portion of the Sites will be accessed or used by children under the age of thirteen, and such use is prohibited. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least thirteen years old and understand that you must be at least thirteen years old in order to create an account and purchase the goods or services advertised through the Sites. We will promptly delete information associated with any account for which we obtain actual knowledge that the registered user associated with the account is not at least thirteen years old.